USDA United States Department Of Agriculture
Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Links provided to locate Import regulations for a particular state
- Links provided to locate an appropriate State Veterinarian
Don and Connie Delorme & Families S Box 28, Robsart, Saskatchewan S0N 2G0 ~ Canada S Phone: ( 306 ) 299 - 4494 S Email
APHA, AQHA, South Shadow Angus + Paints, Delorme Livestock, SSAP Paint & Quarter Horses, southshadow.com, DelormeLivestock.com, PaintHorses.ca, DelormeAngus.ca, southshadowangus.ca
Visitors and Inquiries Always Welcome
Give us a call and stop by for a tour and visit.
Please do not hesitate to CONTACT US if you have further questions
concerning the Commercial or Purebred Angus Cattle or our APHA/AQHA program.
To briefly outline the guidelines as required by Canadian and USA Governments for
importing Canadian BREEDING CATTLE into the United States Of America.
As far as Canadian exports of breeding cattle to US, there are both Federal (USDA) and US state requirements that need to be met.
- The USDA requirements are that the cattle are healthy, have a C^N brand on the right hip
- or a CAN tattoo in the left ear ( most states prefer the brand),
- an RFID button in the left ear, checked by accredited vet,
- Canadian health certificate for export to US that is signed and stamped by CFIA vet and checked at the US port of entry by a USDA vet. See the pdf attachment as an example of the health certificate and statements.
- A Broker is required by USA (Federal Government) regulations to process the export/import papers : see Bouchard Livestock link below.
Wanda Mann, DVM
Veterinarian, Swift Current District Office | Vétérinaire , Bureau du district de Swift Current
Canadian Food Inspection Agency | Agence canadienne d' inspection des aliments
1677 Sidney Street West, PO Box 1235 Swift Current, Sask. S9H 3X4 | 1677 rue Sidney Ouest, CP 1235, Swift Current, Sask. S9H 3X4
Telephone | Téléphone 306-778-5032
Facsimile | Télécopieur 306-778-5035
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
For Further Information ....
Bouchard Livestock International
- Registered and Commercial cattle order buying
- Complete import and export services for livestock genetic products including live cattle, frozen embryos and semen.
Box 1409 • Crossfield, Alberta, CANADA • T0M 0S0
PH: 403-946-4999 • FAX: 403-946-4919 • TOLL FREE : 1-866-946-4999
United States Of America Contacts:
Delorme Ranch s South Shadow Angus, Paint & Quarter Horses
Registered & Commercial Black Angus Cattle